Friday, July 26, 2013

Accepted to Go Abroad

I'm going to London. Cue Chandler Bing dance.





In January, I am heading to London for the spring semester. To say that I am thrilled to going would be an understatement. Studying abroad has been something I have been dreaming about for a long time. Ever since I got to college, I began researching how to study in London. When I met with an advisor to see what I had to do, I was way far ahead of the game already. Then when my application was finally open for spring 2014, I immediately began to apply. To be honest, it almost became an obsession.

And now it's official and I almost can't believe it.

My preparations have already started (actually they started long before I was accepted… yup I am that girl) and I cannot wait to find out more in the coming months. I know as it gets closer I will likely feel much more nervous than I currently am, I mean come on I have never even left the East Coast before let alone go and live in a different country for 6 months. And with my history of anxiety and depression there is a slight worry about how I will cope with the shock to my system that is studying abroad. Unlike being at Penn State, when I am in London, I'm not going to be a mere 3 hour drive away from my family to come home for the weekend if I need a break. I will have to rely on those around me and Skype.

But I want this. No, I need this. After everything I have been through, this could be the ultimate test to see how strong I have truly become. It's a test I think I'll pass because I think my fears will outweigh/ be overtaken by desire to learn and experience the world beyond my comfort zone.

Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment