Monday, February 17, 2014

Meaningful Music Monday #4 - THON Edition ❖

❖ THON IS THIS WEEKEND!!❖

If there is one thing that makes me sad about being in London, it is missing THON 2014. But nonetheless, I am still super excited and will be watching all weekend from the live stream!

For those who don't know, THON is a year-long fundraising effort at Penn State that cumulates in a 46-hour no sitting, no sleeping dance marathon benefitting the Four Diamonds Fund in the fight against pediatric cancer. It is also the largest student-run philanthropy in the world and last year we raised over $12.3 million dollars, 96% of which goes straight to the Four Diamonds Fund. More information can be found here: thon.org

THON weekend is truly the most incredible experience and being involved has changed my life for the better. Special shout out to my FOTO family for being the best org ever.

In honor of the best weekend of the year, I am leaving you with a few songs that are always heard THON weekend and will forever be linked with THON in my mind.

 'Angels Among Us' - Alabama
"They wear so many faces, show up in the strangest places
To grace us with their mercy, in our time of need."

'My Love Is Your Love' - Whitney Houston
"Cause your love is my love
And my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couldn't hold us."


'Diamonds In The Air' Brittany Hicks & Chris Carmody
This is an original song for THON written by Brittany and Chris. It's available on iTunes and all proceeds benefit THON!



Xx

❖ For the Kids. For the Cure ❖

No comments:

Post a Comment