Monday, November 18, 2013

Current Skincare Routine


I'm not going to lie, my skincare routine tends to be unstable. I am one who is constantly looking for new products because of how bad my skin can get. I don't play around with it as much as I do with makeup, but unless I find something that knocks me out of the park, I am always trying new things. Normally, I tend to prefer higher-end products for the simple fact that they tend to work better, so I have no problem splurging. But I have been pleasantly surprised with a few drugstore finds.

Simple Soothing Facial Toner: I grabbed this on a whim as I needed a new toner and I love their cleansing wipes. I've been using this for about a month now and have noticed a difference in my pore size and overall redness. It also is a great second step after the cleansing wipes in makeup removing to make sure the last little bits of makeup get off of your face.

Clean&Clear Persa-Gel 10: Maximum Strength: And oldie but goodie. I ran out of my Origins Super Spot Remover and needed a new spot treat on budget, so I picked this up. It's different from my Origins spot gel because that was salicylic acid while this one is benzoyl peroxide, but I used to use this in high school and it was one of the few things that worked for me. My only qualms with this product is that it can be extremely drying if you use it too often (which I do because I apply it 3 times a day…). But it is pretty fast acting in clearing up any blemishes so I can live with that, for now anyway.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer: My sister used this over the summer and I kept stealing it from her so when I came back to school I just had to purchase it for myself. My skin tone has evened out since I have started using this, but I can't be sure if it is 100% because of this product even though it does claim to help in that department. However, it does leave my face feeling and looking nourished and radiant after I apply it. I love that it contains SPF as well because I have enough skin problems as it is without getting sunburnt. 


Soap&Glory The Greatest Scrub of All: This is a gentle exfoliator and it claims to be for all skin types. I can only vouch for me and my dry skin, but I do like this. It isn't my favorite exfoliator that I've tried, but it is not harsh and leaves my skin feeling smooth. The exfoliating beads are small and there are a few containing salicylic acid that burst when you use it. I used to use it a few times a week but as the weather gets colder and my skin drier, I now only use it a maximum of once a week so I don't damage my skin.

Murad Clarifying Cleanser: I initially got this as a deluxe sample offer from Sephora for spending over $25 on an online order and was pleasantly surprised at the size of it for only being a sample. A little can go a long way with this product and I have noticed great results over the past few months I've used it. I love the tingly, cleansing feeling I get when I use it and after I wash it off my face always feels fresh. I'd never tried Murad products before this but I have heard great things about the whole line in general so I am interested in trying a few others. It also smells like lemon-lime and I love products that work and smell great.

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid and Cream: Another deluxe sample from Sephora that I just love. Both are moisturizers that have become life-savers for me. I use the liquid and then the cream and within three days my dry skin felt amazing. Both products are lightweight, fast absorbing, and provide a barrier to keep the moisture from leaving the skin while moisturizing at the same time. It's a shame the full-sizes are as pricey as they are or else I would repurchase these in a heartbeat as these are perfect for dry skin in the winter . 

Origins Drink Up 10-Minute Mask: Yet another Origins product that I love. This is a thick, intensive, and quick mask that really does leave the skin feeling very hydrated in just 10 minutes. There is also an overnight version, but I have yet to try it (although that will probably be one of my first purchases from Boots when I get to London). I actually use this as an overnight mask currently because my skin is so dry at times that it normal soaks up all of the mask in about 10 minutes anyway. It has a strong apricot smell that is an added bonus. 

What skincare products are y'all loving at the moment?

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment